About Interfaith Impact of New York State
Interfaith Impact is a statewide coalition of congregations and individuals from mainline Protestant, Reform Jewish, Unitarian Universalist and other faith traditions. Our mission is to work for the common good through progressive religious advocacy..
Our positions are rooted in the common scriptural and ethical values that we share, which call upon all people to participate in the ongoing work of perfecting the world. We witness boldly, while maintaining the integrity of non-profit religious bodies on whose behalf we speak. We engage in policy; we do not engage in politics.
We are concerned about:
- The separation of Church and State;
- Health care, including universal access to quality health care, comprehensive sexuality education for teens, and access to complete reproductive health care, including emergency contraception, for all women, regardless of age;
- The civil rights of all persons, including those with gender variant identity and expression, and the civil right of civil marriage, regardless of gender;
- Criminal justice, including repeal of the death penalty and reform of the NYS drug laws;
- Fair State funding for public education;
- Campaign finance reform;
- Economic security for all.
We have been the progressive religious community’s voice for justice and human rights in New York State for more than two decades. We represent Christians, Jews, Unitarian Universalists and those from other faith traditions across New York State who are not afraid to stand up for progressive principles and social justice. It is up to us to make sure the voice of reason and compassion is heard in the NYS Legislature and the Governor’s office.